Potable Aqua Water Purification Germicidal Tablets
- Water treatment tablets, providing water purification for camping, hiking, traveling and emergency water preparedness situations
- Potable Aqua emergency water purification tablets for drinking water are effective against Giardia lamblia when used as directed
- Travel water purification tablets make questionable water bacteriologically suitable to drink, even in emergency water purification situations
- Water treatment tablets offer emergency water purification for hiking, travel, and natural disasters, and ideal to keep with camping accessories
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Potable Aqua?
How does Potable Aqua work?
How many Potable Aqua tablets are needed to treat 1 quart (1 liter) of water?
How quickly does Potable Aqua work?
I don’t understand why I have shake my water container to cause leaking 5 minutes after adding Potable Aqua tablets - can’t I just cap tightly right after adding the tablets to my water, wait 30 minutes and then drink?
Does Potable Aqua have an expiration date?
The number printed on the side of each bottle is the manufacturer’s lot code, not an expiration date. The lot code can be used to identify the date of manufacture of that bottle of PA. The lot code is comprised of month, year, and batch number, such as 51507. This bottle was made in May (5) of 2015 (15), and was the 7th (07) batch.
How do I read the Lot Number on the Potable Aqua label?
Is there any way to visually assess the quality of Potable Aqua Tablets?
What are the advantages of using Potable Aqua Tablets?
Potable Aqua provides an accurate dose, and is effective over extreme conditions such as cloudy water, low temperatures, and extreme pH. It is simple to use, foolproof, and time-efficient.
Will Potable Aqua remove chemical contaminants or particulate matter from my water?
What if I don’t like the iodine taste caused by Potable Aqua?
Can Potable Aqua tablets be repackaged in a different container?
Potable Aqua is manufactured to strict specifications and is tested to assure it meets those requirements throughout the manufacturing and packaging process. Even the wadding inside the bottle (which prevents the tablets from getting crushed or crumbling) is a special moisture resistant material.
Once a tablet is handled or is outside of its original container, its effectiveness can no longer be assured. To ensure optimal shelf life and effectiveness, storage in original container is recommended with cap tightly sealed.
Is it OK to eat Potable Aqua tablets?
No, Potable Aqua is not meant to be ingested or taken whole without being diluted in water. Potable Aqua is only to be used in accordance with the label directions. Using this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling is a violation of federal law.
Potable Aqua is intended only for the emergency disinfection of water and should not be used in any other way.
What organisms are iodine effective against?
Iodine, in the concentration released by Potable Aqua, has been found to kill the following organisms:
- Escherichia coli
- Vibrio cholerae
- Salmonella typhosa
- Salmonella typhimurium
- Salmonella paratyphi
- Shigella dysenteriae
- Shigella flexneri
- Aerobacter aerogenes
- Klebsiella terrigena
- Streptococcus faecalis
- Leptospira icterohaemmorrhagiae
- Entamoeba histolytica (amoebic dysentery)
- Giardia lamblia (Giardiasis)
- Schistosome cercariae (aka Bilharzia)