MG217-Helps slow cell overgrowth
MG217 Multi-Symptom Relief 2% Coal Tar Medicated Psoriasis Ointment
- Intensive strength formula – Fortified with Vitamins A, D, and E
- Effectively relieves itching and redness while promoting healthy, clean skin
- Helps eliminate scales and moisturizes skin
- Provides a thick layer of treatment that doesn’t need to be reapplied as often
- Helps prevent psoriasis symptom recurrence
- Ointment base locks in skin’s natural moisture and prevents overnight itching
- Doctor recommended ingredient
DescriptionMG217 Medicated Coal Tar Ointment is formulated with coal tar to help slow the rapid growth of skin cells and restore the skin’s healthy appearance. Coal tar is the only non-prescription active ingredient that works by slowing down excessive cell reproduction. This reduces the itching, scaling and excess skin cell build up associated with psoriasis and seborrheic dermatitis. The moisturizing ointment base locks in moisture, enhancing efficacy and conditioning the skin.
Directions for UseApply to affected areas 1 to 4 times daily or as directed by a physician.
Active ingredientCoal Tar 2% (from Coal Tar Topical Solution, USP 20%)
Inactive ingredientsPetrolatum, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Vitamin E Acetate, Vitamin A (retinyl palmitate), Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol)
Frequently Asked Questions
Can this product be used on the scalp?
Why is there a warning on some of the products about containing chemicals known to the State of California to cause Cancer?
This warning pertains to coal tar, the active ingredient in a number of MG217 Psoriasis products, and is a requirement of the State of California. However, an expert advisory panel of the US FDA has recognized coal tar to be a safe and effective treatment for psoriasis when used as directed. The FDA does not share the opinion of the State of California that this warning should be present.