SHIFT: 1st 6:00am – 2:30pm (Mon-Fri); may require some overtime hours during peak times.
SUMMARY: Perform a variety of activities associated with the setup, maintenance and repair of manufacturing (blending) and production (filling & packaging) equipment. Mechanics may also need to provide maintenance support on ancillary equipment and utility systems (such as lighting, water, compressed air, etc.).
1. Setup filling and packaging equipment in accordance to the production schedule acknowledging equipment sanitization timelines and component lot control. Setup should include final adjustments to maximize productivity and compliance to quality criteria, and machine guarding present to ensure a safe work environment.
2. Follow GMP requirements in the performance of duties.
3. Respond to machine performance issues during the course of a production run with the objective of minimizing downtime and achieving productivity within quality standards.
4. Train Operators on fundamental setup procedures for filling and packaging equipment.
5. Train operators on basic machine adjustments within the capability of the individual operator.
6. Perform routine and non-routine maintenance on blending, filling and packaging equipment in a safe and effective manner as needed to minimize downtime. Review and assure all records of maintenance including but not limited to replacement of parts, performance of calibrations, inspections for wear, and other activities are properly maintained.
7. Participate in production planning process to assure adequate maintenance coverage for line set-up and repair to support schedule.
8. Participate in the design, installation and modification of equipment to accommodate new or revised production processes. Assist with developing maintenance procedures as necessary to minimize breakdowns and keep equipment in good running conditions.
9. Perform routine and non-routine maintenance on facility systems.
10. Complete all repairs and maintenance within guidelines of OSHA (i.e. lock out tag out guidelines) and good manufacturing practices.
11. Assist with material handling requirements of the filling and packaging operations as required.
12. Exhibit a positive attitude, good attendance, and professional interpersonal skills.
13. Perform other duties as assigned.
This position reports to the Maintenance Manager but may get specific assignments from the Shift Supervisors.
QUALIFICATIONS: High School diploma and some formal technical education (or equivalent experience) in electro / mechanical disciplines. At least five years work experience in a production environment with at least three years in a setup / maintenance position. Ability to read and speak English, and ability to perform simple math.
Email us your resume today to firstname.lastname@example.org